EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR BIRTHSTONE
A BRIEF HISTORY OF BIRTHSTONES
BIRTHSTONE ROOTS IN OTHER CULTURES
TRADITIONAL VS. MODERN BIRTHSTONES
HOW TO FIND YOUR BIRTHSTONE
JANUARY - GARNET/GARNET
FEBRUARY - AMETHYST/AMETHYST
MARCH - BLOODSTONE/AQUAMARINE
APRIL - DIAMOND/DIAMOND
MAY - EMERALD/EMERALD
JUNE - PEARL/ALEXANDRITE
JULY - RUBY/RUBY
AUGUST - SARDONYX/PERIDOT
SEPTEMBER - SAPPHIRE/SAPPHIRE
OCTOBER - OPAL/TOURMALINE
NOVEMBER - TOPAZ/CITRINE
DECEMBER - TURQUOISE/TANZANITE
BIRTHSTONE USE AND CARE
- Regular cleansing will keep its energy fresh. When working with any crystal, it’s important to cleanse regularly to keep the energies from being blocked. Water cleansing is a popular method for many crystals but some may rust in water. Look up a specific crystal before cleansing so you can be sure to do it correctly.
- Some stones may work best when paired with other stones. For example, tanzanite works best when paired with hematite as the tanzanite vibration is higher and can feel overwhelming.
- Only work with a stone if it feels right for you. Whatever you plan to use the crystal for, will only be successful if you feel connected to whichever stone you’re working with.
- Watch out for fakes. Unfortunately there are people out there who only prioritize money over quality. Be sure to only purchase your stones from reputable sellers.
- Your opinion matters most. While working with crystals, you’ll find that there are some skeptics out there. What matters most is that you believe in what you’re doing.